(Option: get kids to act out the trials etc. Can be impromptu or rehearsed.)
- Last week we learned that Jesus was arrested and brought to the High Priest’s house.
- The Jewish religious leaders did not like Jesus.
- They felt threatened by Him because of His growing popularity — ever since Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, they have been trying to get rid of Him.
- They thought He was wrong to claim that He was the Son of God. They called that blasphemy.
- So they put Him through several trials in an attempt to find him guilty of something so he could be punished with death.